Welcome, and thank you for your interest in St. Margaret Primary School. Our Catholic PK-Grade 4 school focuses on individual academic success and Gospel values. We strive to be a living witness to the Word of God in all that we say and do. To support this intent, we set a school theme and the school theme for the 2019-2020 year is: Walking with Jesus.
We are proud to be accredited by the New England Association of Schools and Colleges. Our school works diligently to incorporate best teaching practices in a caring environment focused on helping each student reach not only their full academic potential, but their full potential as a human being. In order to do this, St. Margaret School offers:
- A nurturing environment that embraces our Catholic faith and spiritual development.
- A preschool where creative play, activities designed to foster a love of reading, and music, art and gym classes are used to embrace the social, emotional, and physical learning of our youngest students.
- The development of reading skills in grades K-4 through myriad opportunities to engage in meaningful reading, writing, listening and speaking activities, direct instruction in phonics and grammar, as well as a focus on the acquisition of advanced vocabulary.
- The ability to promote children’s natural curiosity of mathematics learning by using hands-on collaborative teaching methods, together with ongoing practice for fluency of computation skills.
- An enlightened curriculum that integrates Math, Language Arts, Social Studies and Science learning in project-based studies.
- Special classes in Art, Music Education, Spanish and Makerspace-a hands-on, creative way to encourage students to design, experiment, build and invent as they deeply engage in science, engineering and tinkering.
- Before and After Care is available.
We hope you will consider sending your child to St. Margaret Primary School. As you reflect and discuss the options and opportunities St. Margaret Primary School offers your child, please know that you will be in our school community’s prayers.